New Locomotive Workshops Pattern Shop completed.
New Foundry constructed at the Locomotive Workshops.
Manufacture of new steam locomotives at Eveleigh ceases (temporarily, as it will turn out in 1945).
NSW Railways acquires Chullora site for new railway workshops that are intended to supersede Eveleigh Railway Workshops.
Government decides to add diesel engine trains to the Sydney fleet.
Chullora Railway Workshop opens – all locomotive construction work transfers from Eveleigh to Chullora.
Locomotive construction is reintroduced to Eveleigh Railway Workshops until 1952.
A hail storm on New Year's Day destroys glass roof of the workshops.
Last Bay of the original Running Shed is demolished.
Eveleigh survives dieselisation – diesel repairs relocate from Chullora to Eveleigh, and bogie repairs commence in the Large Erecting Shop.